Thursday, November 27, 2008

Bad start to the week but picking up now.

This is the view I have had pretty much all day driving from Brandon to Edmonton.

Bonjour, well Monday wasnt too bad I suppose, tipped the trailer, ran to where we park our trailers, dropped it and picked up a loaded one ready to go to Regina.
Did two deliveries Tuesday morning and ran to Saskatoon where I dropped the trailer which still had one drop on for the following morning.
Took the truck in for service so Tuesday was a pretty lazy day but things were about to change.
Wednesday saw me pick up a trailer in Saskatoon and run to winnipeg, drop the trailer at the customer and run to the yard to collect a loaded one which I ran with and ended up parking at Brandon Manitoba. Did 1100km that day and was ready for bed but ended up watching a movie called "Taken" which was pretty good.
Left this morning and had another busy day ahead. Started at 7.15am pretipped the truck and ran to Regina where I ate. Set off after an hour and other than stopping for fuel I ran into Edmonton and dropped the trailer again at the customer exactly 14hrs and 1200km later. Phew !!

2 comments:

didster7 said...

Hi Phill,
glad work is picking up for you.
you always seem to start about 7 oclock is that your preference or due to work,hours off, etc, personally i like to start about 5 oclock

Montedarlo said...

Hi Didster. If I can get away with living as much of a normal life as possible then I will.
If you prefer to start early then thats not an issue, providing you can make the delivery time its pretty much up to you how you do it.
Of course there are times when your day is dictated by delivery times but thankfully that doesnt happen too often.
Cheers,Phil