Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ended up going to Las Vegas

Water fountains at Bellagio


While driving along and admiring the scenery it got me thinking that I havnt had a bad life really. Granted I have no money as such and 2 divorces behind me but I still have a good life and have seen things some people can only dream of. I travelled in the Army and was posted to Germany,N.Ireland,Belize and Cyprus and did stuff that would cost a fortune if you had to pay for them. Then 13yr European driving saw me visit almost every European country both east and west on numerous occasions. And now this, Canada and the States. I have driven through most of the lived in areas of Canada and been to well over half of the states in America. I know that most of the time its just passing through but every now and again I make the effort to explore and have a look at some of the accessible sights which makes it all worth while to me.
And so I ended up in Vegas purely because it could be the last time I ever go and how many of you can say that 2 weeks on the trot you partied in one of the best party cities in the world while being paid?
The shopping trip I had was cool, the outlet mall at Primm Nevada was just the right size to loose a few hours and I came away with some real bargains. I have always wanted some snake skin loafers, dont laugh. The last nice pair I saw where in House of Fraser in Darlo and cost almost £200. I bought some yesterday for $49, now I know they look a little like Alibaba shoes as they curl up slightly at the toe but I like them. The label on the shoes was $299 so I couldnt resist.
Parked up for the night now in Idaho, just over the Utah state line. Once again because I stopped in Vegas I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow but will make delivery on time to Calgary at 0100am. Then I might treat myself to a day off !!!

No comments: