Sunday, February 24, 2008

Back across the Crowsnest Pass



Hi. I cant remember what I was up to last time I posted so I will go back as far as I can remember.
Dropped the beer in Calgary and loaded out of Taber on Thursday morning. The satellite beeped and asked me not to pass Lethbridge as the load was not due for delivery in Oregon until Mon 25th. I called in at the yard and explained that I needed some jobs doing so I would get them done.
The steering had developed a bad vibration that was getting worse everyday and the last thing I wanted when in the mountains was for that to give in and also the "Tripac" had a fault and refused to start.
The truck was given a new set of front rubber and that cured the vibrations but the tripac was causing some problems. After having 2 nights at the Sandman courtesy of H&R I finally left at 1300 on the 23rd.
I really enjoyed the drive across Crowsnest and caught myself smiling for no reason on a few occasions. I parked at Post Falls in Idaho last night and couldnt get an internet connection so watched a few films and went to bed. Left at 9 this morning and am now parked at The TA truckstop 64 miles from the customer, so its a short run into Sutherlin for the unload. Hopefully it will be a quick delivery and then I can find out what the future has in store for me.

No comments: