Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wow, its been a week since my last post



Hi all, doesn't time fly when you are having fun ?
In washington at the minute but not without doing more than my fair share of Canada runs.
Sat in Mississauga for a day longer than I needed then headed West with a load for Calgary. The delivery time was pretty tight which in turn meant doing plenty of miles on some of the worst roads I have driven on.
Met up with a Canadian driver, Chris and the time flew by as we chatted, put the world to rights as well as learning some useful tips, tricks and some general stuff I didn't know about.
Once again I had to deliver the trailer myself even though I was over 12hrs early for the delivery and wasted over 4hrs doing this, then another 6hrs sitting around before being told to bring the empty trailer down to Lethbridge.
Popped into the Sandman Hotel to catch up on the gossip and the place was deserted so had a few cokes and called it a night.
My trailer was ready and loaded the following morning but I had to collect it from the customer which in itself is no hardship but it does waste time.
Had a nice drive across Crowsnest Pass, well better than the truck who somehow ended up laying it down on the railway tracks.



The other pictures are snaps from today running from the delivery in Moses Lake Washington to the collection at Wenatchee Washington.
I have just got the one pick up which is great (cherries) and the one delivery which is Saskatoon Saskatchewan back in Canada. After that its anyones guess, fingers crossed its back south as lately even though I have had some big miles I have done my share of Canada for the time being.


4 comments:

ROGER TRUCKER said...

Curios difference of smells, between potato starch and apples...
Nice drive from Moses Lake to Wenatchee. Love the Damm!
Cheers,
RT

Montedarlo said...

Hi Roger, yeah its a lovely drive especially with the sun beating down. The starch made a mess of the inside of the trailer as usual but like you say; you cant beat the smell of fresh fruit when you open the doors.
Cheers,Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi Mate

Love the pics, do you mind telling me what camera you use??

Cheers

Montedarlo said...

Hi Anon. I bought a Nikon D5000 which came with a 18-105mm lens and all of the pics from the last month or so have come from that.
Spent some more cash the other day and got a 35mm 1.8 lens which seems to be very good.
Thanks for the comments about the pictures, its very much appreciated.

Cheers,Phil