Friday, June 26, 2009

Fantastic scenery.

My load from Wenatchee was a bit of a nightmare and I am pleased I saw sense and went to bed early instead of waiting. Arrived at 2pm and was rudely knocked up to load at 4.30am, luckily the load was ready to put on and an hour later I was on my way.
After driving through my second winter here I really look forward to seeing a bit of colour instead of basically black and white and the run back to Lethbridge doesn't disappoint. I thinks its a pleasure to see the sights and even if I am having a bad day they can go a long way to making it seem better.
So, arrived in Lethbridge to find out I had to take the trailer onto Saskatoon Saskatchewan which was no big deal other than Saskatoon is a bit of a deadspot when it comes to getting a reload. Met up with a mate from the UK who I knew when we drove the car transporters and I would like to wish Paul and his family the very best of luck with their new life. I have mentioned to despatch that I would like to take Paul out on his Mentor trip which as posh as it sounds is basically a trip where Paul "should" learn the basics of the job, logbooks, driving hours. customs procedures and by the end of the trip feel confident that he could go it alone; well thats the idea anyway hahaha. I need to be around when he passes his test which should be in a week or so; fingers crossed.
The loaded trailer has been dropped at the customer so all I need to do is go in for it in the morning and collect the signed delivery notes then wait to see what job I have next. I was preplanned for a load to Chicago but there was no way I had the hours to make the delivery so unfortunately I had to refuse it which was a bit of a bummer as once again its good miles.
Thats all for now folks...stay tuned.




4 comments:

paul and alison said...

Thanks Phil
Alison

mickfly said...

Damnit! Look at all that greenery lOL.
Most of our time there was spent in whiteness.
I hope you get to do the mentor with your buddy Phil, I know he'll enjoy your company, but you only want a chance to take tons of pictures whilst he drives don't you?

Montedarlo said...

You are very welcome Alison.
Cheers,Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mick, hope things are going well back home. I hear the weather has been good.
When I went back home I noticed how green the UK was as I sat on the train to Darlo.
Going to try my best to mentor Paul, have spoken to Lyndon and will message despatch on Monday.
The camera came with a 18-105 lens and I nearly came unstuck a few times taking pics while zooming so I bought a 35mm 1.8 and thats whats been taking the pics lately. I am very pleased with it and the camera as a package. The pics on this post have only been resized, other than that its how they came from the camera.

Say Hi to Cath for me.
Cheers,Phil