Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Did a loop and back in Mississauga Ontario

After sitting and waiting and pretty much earning nothing for days I was despatched to collect a load in Kitchener Ontario and run it to Saskatoon Saskatchewan. Found 2 problems with the trailer..a flat tyre and a brake hose had been rubbing on the protective sheath, both of which needed repairing before I could leave; hence 4hrs wasted while waiting for this.
I made good time to Saskatoon and was preplanned to collect a loaded trailer from the same company which was bound for Winnipeg Manitoba, and then preplanned to load from the yard in Winnipeg to run back down into Mississauga Ontario. Pretty good miles by anybodies standards but of course it meant running on crap roads so everything needed to be battened down in the truck.
Made the drop at Mississauga last night (tuesday) and I am sat having a day off at the Husky and looking forward to going to the Steakhouse tonight for a big piece of beef !
I covered around 3600 miles on this round trip and it took 7 days which for me is a lot of miles. I didnt particularly enjoy the trip as its sleep....up....drive....sleep, not how I like to work as where is the fun element in that ?
So, its miserable weather in Mississauga which put a stop to me spending the day doing the sightseeing bit in Toronto. I really wanted to go as I need some pics for the blog and I also wanted to see the CN Tower, maybe next time.

6 comments:

ROGER TRUCKER said...

I did this kitchener-saskatoon load two weeks ago... then reloaded in sask for CGY... lots o'waiting, eh mate?
Cheers,
RT

andy said...

hey phil,hows it going.
anychance i can have your e-mail address.you can send it to mine,if you dont want to put it on here.cheers.
areilly09@aol.com

Montedarlo said...

Hi Roger, I hope things are going well. Yup, lots of waiting then its go...go...go.
Take it easy, Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Andy, hope everything is going as planned for you.
My email is montedarlo@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers,Phil

mickfly said...

You had better get posting more pictures Phil, looks like Mike has a new camera, or his old one has a new lease of life!
Drive safe.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mick. I noticed Mikes pictures as well and he is making an effort. We all have a long way to go before we reach the quality of Javi though.

Good luck, Phil