Friday, June 12, 2009

Going on a bit of a rant.

Before you read any further, this post may contain the following:
Profanities, course language and the slagging off of old people who should know better.
A couple of things have rubbed me up the wrong way recently; maybe its because I havn't cracked one off in a while but regardless...its time to put them right.

Geriatric Cyclists..........firstly there is no need. Just because you jumped onto a bike at 82 does not mean that you are alive now at 118 because of it, its a fluke. After you have crawled up the hill and have pulled over to slurp on your "super high energy drink" at least make the effort to move away from the side of the road especially when its the brow of a hill as I have to slow down as I cannot see whats on the other side and we dont want one of you getting blown over ,do we ? Also please refrain from wearing glow-in-the-dark super skin tight clothing; trust me it does not make you ride any faster nor does it make you look cool. Just be old and be happy, go to the pub or even better have fun blasting around in an electric chariot in your local Walmart.

My Blog....I have been pondering for a while on making my blog a strictly private affair meaning that if you try to look at it without being invited then you will be refused access. Certain issues are pointing me towards this which is a shame as I have a regular following and for the last 4 months it has been visited by 65 Countries. I will of course keep you informed of this in plenty of time.

Facebook....for me is coming to an end. I am fed up with trying to decipher what people are trying to say when they intentionally misspell words. I also have no interest in "what alcoholic drink you are, how great a lover you are or what kind of lingerie suits you best". Facebook annoys me so its time for it to go.

Work...as in true Facebook style "Enuf sed"


I feel better already. On a lighter note, here are a few pics taken last night near to Longlac Northern Ontario.



13 comments:

mickfly said...

Nice pics again Phil.

I must admit, I get sick of hiding the daft quiz results on facebook.
The whole page used to be filled with scrabble results, but when I chose 'hide' it made it much simpler to read.

Private blog?
Not the fear of censorship I hope!
That's what did Caths in.

Drive safe.

Dave Caldwell said...

Hi Phil, I was thinking along the same lines with my blog. I was fed up getting abuse from some people who would not even sign their name and wished to stay anon. I then decided against it as it defeated the reason of why I started it in the first place.
Hope big brother are not getting to you in the same way they have other blogs lol
I for one enjoy following your blog and like your pictures along the way, keep it up mate.
Drive safe, Dave.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Dave and Mick, nice to hear from you again.
There has been no censorship yet other than what I impose on myself for my best interests.
I have started to be hit by spammers on the comments link, and the same as you Dave people who leave stupid comments which now I dont even entertain.
I am not sure where the blog will go from here but an invite will be sent to the pair of you should it go that way.

Cheers,Phil

englishmike said...

Hi monty if you do go private let me know how you do it because like you i am pissed off with dumb fucks telling me i am seeing it through rose tinted glasses and i just want my family and friends to see it but if there is away of new people wanting to view my blog and they can ask then that would be good. I only want people who give there name to see it mike p.s do you know the driver who goes by the name of high river.

Anonymous said...

Please dont go private with the blog(or can i be invited please!!). You Mike and Dave keep me driving and thinking of coming to Canada(just need to grow some balls!!)Im just atipper driver from Skipton N.Yorks, but love reading your blogs and the pics are brilliant.The places you guys see are just a dream to most of us. So you do still have good people reading your blog not just nobs.Drive safe fella.Roland.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mike, I think that somewhere in the settings there is an option to make the blog private. I am thinking of starting another which will be strictly private but its just a matter of when and getting the time.
I have heard of High River but have no idea who he is, I think I know him from BTA so cant help with that.
Hope you are enjoying your US trip and its all going smoothly.
Cheers for now, Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Roland, thanks for the comments. to be honest its people like you that keep me doing the blog, people who have a genuine interest and I do appreciate it.
I think I will start another blog and make that one private while keeping this one open. Nothing will be sacrificed with this one; it just means I will have to spend time on them both.

Thanks again, best wishes..Phil

mickfly said...

Hi Phil,
Don't be too hasty making things private, as I'm sure there are many people like Roland who love reading your blog, but don't comment for whatever reason and would get left by the wayside.
It's about time that you filled us in on all the 27 countries you've driven in as well as North America.
Drive safe.

Goodwin said...

If you do go private dini 4get me Phil OK, or I'll hunt u down........

LOL

Graeme

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mick, still waiting for your digi-card eh, what a bummer you wont be able to tip at Asda when your hours are up...hahah
Mt feelings at the minute are leaning towards doing another blog which will tell the whole truth as I am sure you appreciate that I am pretty limited as to what I can say. However, I have moaned before and managed to get away with it even though H&R didnt like what I had written they couldnt deny it was the truth. Plus the times I have written shit about them I have had my biggest number of hits.
Got to think about what I am going to do as a lot of people rely on the info that these blogs give.
Good luck to you both, Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Graeme, look at you .....home for a few weeks and you are going all Scots on me....dini ?
Good luck mate, you made the right choice for you.

Goodwin said...

Hi Mr M, well it was the right choice for the time of day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanx.
P.s
You didni 4get the office stuff did yi?
Mmmmmm I wonder.

This is my vuze name - Grr Brown -
send me an invite i will link in2 u, u can then send me it that way?
or did yi no get it fi there?????

Montedarlo said...

Hi Graeme, I did forget about the Office disc but will get it to you as I will be posting some stuff to the UK and I still have the address that you gave me.
Its not office 'pro' as one of the other lads wanted the bit for making web pages and I dont have it.
Keep a lookout for the postie !!