Sunday, August 31, 2008

A week into my hols.





Hi all, been home a week so its time to update.
Arrived in Manchester and before even getting out of the airport I wanted to turn around and get back on the plane. The main reason was ignorant people with no manners or a care in the world for anyone else.
Took the train home and had a quick pint in a pub outside the train station then walked the short distance to my brothers. Its been great seeing everyone again, my mam and dad and friends.
Had a few nights out in the town and am suprised I am still alive, funny how people think the worst when you say hello and automatically assume you either want to have sex with them or fight them. I have lost count of the number of times people will turn there heads or look away when you walk past them in the street just so they dont have to aknowledge you.

Saw my niece and cant believe how much she has grown, she is an absolute honey and very very funny.

Taking my old landlady out for a late birthday party tomorrow and as for the rest of the time I am at home I am at a loss as to how I will spend the time.

10 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

At a loss?

You coulda met up with us, I'd fight ya lol.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Cath, looking into getting a cancellation holiday for a week or 5 days in Spain or somewhere like that,whatever is cheapest really.

Anonymous said...

did Zoom going bust alter your trip back to Canada?

Montedarlo said...

Hi Anon. I had been in the UK for a few days when Zoom went bust, I booked through Canadian affair and flew with Thomas Cook so all is good. Looking forward to getting back to Canada.
Cheers

Trkrjim said...

Montedarlo says, "funny how people think the worst when you say hello and automatically assume you either want to have sex with them or fight them".
Trkrjim says, "50/50, heck that ain't bad odds. Take me with you next time.

John Witherspoon said...

Hi Phil, we miss you. When are you returning to the "sanity" of H & R?

Mick Flynn Images said...

Hi Phil, hope you ain't got stuck in the lovely UK, We are waiting to see more of your travel pics.

Montedarlo said...

Back to work Monday 15th. Cant wait and really looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

Hi phil,

Was good to see you again and catch up. Really enjoyed our night out to say goodbye, even though the hangover took 24 hours to clear! I still blame those 'shots'!! lol

I hope we see you again soon, dont leave it a year this time though! Hope work is going well, you take care of yourself and shall catch you online soon.

Tracy
xx

Montedarlo said...

Hi Tracy, I doubt you could of felt as ill as me after the night out.
It was good to see you again and I enjoyed the chat we had !!
I cannot promise I will be coming home again before a year passes but we will have to see, remember there is always a spare bed here.
Take care, speak soon on MSN XXX