Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Going home.

Howdy.

As in the previous post I think its time to go home. Its been almost a year, work is quiet for me so it seemed the right time.
I gave Dave F. a call and explained that my credit card had a limit of $1000 which might not cover the cost of the flight. Thumbs up to H&R as not only did they offer to foot the bill, which I would repay but also they would book the flight. Superb.
The weekend passed and I received a satellite message from Dave asking where I wanted to fly from. I gave the details, told him about a flight I had seen on the internet and within 10 mins I had the confirmation it was booked and a copy of the transaction would be left in my pigeon hole. Superb again.
While all this was happening I had forgotten to book the time off with the vacation staff but once again, even at super short notice I had the time off approved so its thumbs up again.

All is good, if not brilliant so far................until

I got the bill from H&R the following morning. I am not prepared to discuss figures but I thinks its wrong for a company (even though they have footed the bill (initially)) to benefit financially from a driver to such an extent. I hold my hands up and accept responsibility as I never asked how much the total bill would be but it would be safe to say that I will never ask H&R again to help me out financially.

So, the flights are booked. I fly out on Friday 22 Aug and I am really looking forward to seeing people back home, especially my parents, brother and grandad. I will update the blog regularly as I have some American, Canadian and European readers who read the blog just because it is an interests to them.

I spent this morning emptying "piglet" of all of my worldly belongings, I have accumalated so much stuff its hard to believe that I legally make it across the scales. Also I spent an hour or so cleaning her, I know she is immaculate but I would hate for a driver to jump into her and think " dirty bastard, how did he live in this" Just on the off chance I do get her back, I would be grateful if she is returned in the same condition, thanks !!

No comments: