Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Safeway...same all over the world !!

Hi, time to catch up I think.
Safeway, same as all supermarkets all over the world are a law unto themselves. You are used as mobile storage, the people who work there hate it and they couldnt care less about the drivers schedule or deadlines. UK, Canada or the USA they are all the same. I sat for 8hrs at Tracy, I was loaded with the same product so there was no pallets to split and yet it took 8hrs to unload and check everything. As with Walmart I had to pay for the privilege to be unloaded. Surely something is seriously wrong with that ?????
Next I ran to Salinas california and had two picks, the first was a dream and was loaded in less than an hour, the second was the stuff nightmares are made of. I arrived at 2.30pm and was told I was booked for 9pm, ok, fair enough. I was called to the loading dock at 10.30pm and left at 0200am ?? The load was on the bay ready to put on the trailer when I backed onto the dock so could someone please explain why it took 3 forklift drivers 3.5hrs to move 15 pallets about 15 feet onto my trailer as I am at a loss. To summarise, in the last 28hrs I had sat on a dock for over 20hrs, pretty shit by anybody's standards.

Once again the customers had screwed up an easy pleasurable trip.


So I headed North, loaded with celery, broccoli and sugar snap peas.

As you may be aware I havn't exactly been busy the last few weeks and have been thinking about going back to the Uk for a while, this last trip was the final nail in the coffin as I would rather be at home earning nothing than being here earning very little.

It was time to ring the boss, Dave Foder.

No comments: