Saturday, September 20, 2008

Its back to work and with a passenger.

Hello everyone, I must apologise for the lack of posts over the last few weeks but hopefully things should be back to normal now.
I flew back into Canada with me son, Tom, who will be spending almost 6 weeks over here, fingers crossed he doesn't get bored too early.
I was suprised that once I got over the initial shock about how rubbish the UK is I quite enjoyed my stay. I need to thank my parents for giving me a bed and my friends for listening to me going on about how great a life I have.
I am sure I will go on a bit more in the future about my visit home but at the minute I will bring you up to date as to what I have been up to.
Landed in Calgary and eventually got a lift down to Lethbridge where Tom and I spent the night in the old faithful "Sandman Hotel". Picked the truck up the next morning and was very suprised to see that she was still clean, so thanks to the driver(s) who have been using her.
First load was across to Delta BC (no suprise there)and then a trailer loaded with 2 drops, Chilliwack and Penticton. Dropped that in the yard at Kelowna when empty then picked up a load of fruit juice bound for Calgary which is where I am at the minute.
Animals spotted by Tom so far are, a beaver, deer, stag deer and a dead black bear which he found when we went for a walk in the forest at Golden BC.
We have been preplanned to go to Kansas but as the load isnt ready yet we cannot make the delivery so therefore it will need to be rebooked or given to a team.
Thats about it for now but will post again very soon

4 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

Hi Phil, good to see you back.Thought you might have been staying back in the UK lol.
I am sure your son will not be bored and he will have a great time.
Hubby Mick has been given a start time of early December, so we cannot wait.

Montedarlo said...

Congratulations with the start date for your hubby. I hope things go well ! Best wishes, Phil

Kev & Lisa said...

phil where are you now, in sand man till tuesday.... kev and lisa

Montedarlo said...

Hi Kev and Lisa. Would of loved to meet in the Sandman but I have been far too busy running BC and loading trailers for other drivers. Not a happy bunny at the minute !!! Hope all is well with you both.