Thursday, July 3, 2008

Things getting worse....how could they?


Home of the Denver Bronco's. An exact replica of the old stadium which was called Mile High" as Denver is 1 mile above sea level
Quick pic taken while stuck in traffic of DenverThe town of Castle Rock took its name from this feature, situated half way between Denver and Colorado Springs.


Finally, at long last I got the nod from Excel security that the trailer was ready to go, it was 12.30. I had sat for 22hrs waiting for them to take off 15 pallets.
Despatch were going frantic as the second delivery had to come off today and if it didnt I would have to sit until Monday, to be honest I couldn't of cared less.
After giving an ETA of 5pm I left Fort Morgan at 1pm and had 200 miles to do in 4hrs which sounds ok but in that time I had to fuel and contend with the traffic around Denver, remember its the 4th July weekend in the States. After losing time in traffic I called the fuel department to see if it was possible to open a gas station we didnt normally use, this would save me about 30mins. They gave the thumbs up so I ran straight to Pueblo Colorado and arrived at 4.40pm, unloaded and sent good news to Despatch that after 6 days (of what should of been a 3 day trip) I was finally empty.
Beep went the satellite and the message read.....Park up and call in the morning.
So thats this trip over and done with and I am so pleased.

2 comments:

Trkrjim said...

you don't know how right you are about ft. morgan.it was settled by germans and from what i have read maintains some cultural similarties to the fatherland. i sometimes have the misfortune of going to western sugar in ft morgan and i hate it, them and every rotten thing about the miserable place.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jim, going back to Fort Morgan was on the agenda before I was told to run empty to CA. Pleased I was given this run, scenery is superb, you were right !!!!