Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oregon here I come




Hi everyone.
Managed to get some time off in Lethbridge and got a few jobs done and at the minute I am on my way to Oregon with a load of milled flour.
As usual and with what seems par for the course now things didnt go smoothly and had problems at customs as whoever booked the load in had mistakingly thought I was clearing at a different point of entry. This hiccup cost me 3hrs and although it doesnt make any difference as I can still make the delivery on time its annoying as I have lost 3hrs of my time.
Just fuelled at Post Falls Idaho and having some breakfast then its another 380 miles to the customer so no problems there.
Things are looking good for getting back next week and despatch are aware that I have time booked off. I am having a few days "sightseeing" in Calgary with a lad I was in the Army with, Hi John and his mate who now lives in Calgary and who I also might know from my Army days so its something to look forward to.
Ran across Crowsnest Pass yesterday which confirmes its one of my favourite stretches of road, the scenery is great and totally different from the last time I used the road as the snow has just about all gone.
Will update soon with my reload info and anything else thats happened.
Cheers for now !

No comments: