Monday, July 14, 2008

Empty and loading out of Salem Oregon

Normally we run the other side of the river but fancied a change. The river originates in British Columbia and forms a border between washington and Oregon, its 1243 miles long and empties into the Pacific Ocean

Hi all, was empty this morning within half an hour of backing onto the dock and am presently sat waiting for the reload details. I know its out of Salem but I need all the info so I thought its a good time to catch up.
Had an easy run down to Beaverton and on my travels ran into an H&R truck broken down on the shoulder so it was on with the indicator but I heard a voice saying "its ok, its just a blowout". "Lyndon, is that you ?", Yup was the reply so I span piglet round and headed back for a chat.
Caught up with the gossip as the last time I saw Lyndon was when he took a load from me when I needed repairs doing to the truck. He wasnt too happy about the length of time the tyre fitter was taking in arriving so after a chat I bid him farewell,dropped him a few cans of pop and set off on my way.
Thats about all really.

1 comment:

Trkrjim said...

I like the Washington side from the Dalles to I82 because the speed limit is higher on hwy 12 in Washington than I84 in Oregon.If your afraid of heights don't take it as it can be a bit narrow. Nice views