Friday, May 15, 2009

Monte's got a nearly new Piglet.



Hi all, got in touch with work and was given a nearly new piglet, she has 30,000km on the clock which is new enough for me. Its the new Cascadia model and although there is a lot of vast improvements over the Columbia model there still is a few niggles that could of been sorted out; but more about that at a later date.

Picked Piglet up (my pet name for my truck) on Monday lunchtime and headed off to Coca cola to pick up the night load for Lethbridge which was delivered at 11pm then went to bed.
Tuesday morning was a mad rush to put all of my belongings into 2371 and then head off with a load for Denver Colorado to deliver Thursday morning.
I left a lot of my belongings out of the truck as there was going to be enough upheaval as it was trying to find new places to put my stuff and the rumour was that the Cascadia had less storage but I managed just fine.

Tipped in Denver and ran empty to Friona Texas (500 miles) where I dropped the trailer and bobtailed to Plainview Texas about an hour and a half away. Its been almost a year since I was last down this neck of the woods so the change of scenery was welcomed. A loaded trailer was picked up and I am on my merry way to Montreal Quebec with a smile on my face and the sun on my back.

8 comments:

Trkrjim said...

I got my Columbia new and it still has 30 months on the lease. Just turned 322,000 miles on it. No chance to get rid of it early either. At least I am the only one who has driven it. Enjoy the new ride,

Dave Caldwell said...

Thats nice Phil, they were so surprised at a driver returning they gave you a nearly new truck lol
Take care and stay safe, Dave

Ian Sayer said...

That sounds like a perfect return - new truck, no delays and loads of miles. have fun!

Martin said...

Hi Phil,

Does 2371 get a new name then, or is it just 'Piglet 2'??

M.

andy said...

nice unit phil.hope you look after her.take care,safe driving

Montedarlo said...

Hi,Ian, Jim, Dave, Martin and Andy.
Piglet the third is doing well and once I get my stuff in properly, hide the wires for the electricals and generally sort her out I will be as happy as a pig in shit.
This model is a vast improvement over the Columbia and I am looking forward to racking up many breakdown free miles !!

Dave, what are you like ? You have to laugh at your comment !!

Tony T said...

Hi Phil,
Hope u had a good time back over here.
Hope the new truck is ok.


TT

Montedarlo said...

Hi Tony, I really enjoyed my visit back home and I think the main reason was I went back as sort of a tourist and did and saw things that I should of years ago.
Other than a few niggles the truck is going great, she pulls like a dream and is very quiet which is a blessing, just looking forward to putting some big miles on the clock in the near future.

Cheers for now, Phil