Friday, May 29, 2009

Hurry up and wait.

The first trip I did since I got back went really well, I visited states I hadn't been to for a while but as soon as I got back into Canada things have gone a little bit wrong.
The wait for over 36hrs in Montreal, the numerous trailer changes along the route as well as over a days wait in Delta and now at almost 3pm I am still hanging about to find out whats next on the adgenda. By the way I am at Kelowna British Columbia, waiting after being unloaded this morning.
Kelowna is not the best place to be when waiting for work; a lot of decisions have to made by the planners as to what to do with you when you get stuck here, at least there is plenty of places to eat and loads of shopping to be had.
No idea where I am going to next but will let you know when I do.


The view from the Chevron parking in Delta. The Alex Fraser Bridge and some wonderful smelling Canadian Red Cedar.

6 comments:

mickfly said...

Nice pic Phil, I take it you also walked round to where the sawmill is to get the full smell.
Drive safe mate.

P.S. Cath was talking to George on face book just before you posted this and he's in Kelowna too.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mick, didnt get chance to fully appreciate the odour, maybe next time.
Have just met up with george, he is loading out of the juice plant for Calgary and then hopefully he is on his way to Lethbridge for some hols.

Are you back yet ?
Chhers,Phil

Anonymous said...

Phil,

Like the update to the picture. The motor looks very nice.

Bert Bucket.

Montedarlo said...

Hello Bert, She is a decent looking truck eh !
In a way though I am looking forward to the winter so I can see if all the sound deadening insulation provides some protection against the elements as thats whats important.

Cheers, Phil

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Montedarlo said...

Hi Hapi, thanks for dropping by, make sure you come back soon.
Best wishes,Phil