Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Forgot to post again.

Once again please accept my apologies for taking so long to post anything new.
Well to bring things up to date as its been a bit of a mess.

Collected my trailer from Montreal and set off west to deliver in British Columbia. I received a message saying that I had to swap trailers at Hearst as the truck pulling it had broken down and then do another switch at Headingley Manitoba so that a team could get it into Calgary for its delivery on time. So with this job done I had to load out of Portage La Prarie the following morning which I duly did and when it came to scale the load I was 5000lbs too heavy on the trailer axles; looks like despatch sent me in with a 2 axle trailer instead of a 3. After an hour or so some of the load had been taken off and I was on my way with a load once again for British Columbia which I was to drop at Calgary. Arrived at 12.30 on the 25th and switched with the driver who was going to take the load on the rest of its trip.
My next load came through which was for...wait for it...British Columbia. So far on the return leg from Montreal I was about to pick up my 4th trailer which would eventually get me to BC. Anyway,set off on the morning of the 26th and am at present waiting at the end of a long line of trucks to be offloaded which is grim as the customer seems to be in no rush.

And thats you all up to date.
For some unknown reason I havn't had any free time really and the photos have taken a bit of a back seat although this will change very soon, I have plenty but need to go through them and sort them out.
Piglet is going well and I am quite impressed with her. I have a 1001 jobs I need to do so that she is how I want her such as sorting out some extra shelves and hiding the wires from TomTom and the Sirius radio but like I have mentioned I just don't seem to have the time.

Fingers crossed I should be out of here soon and on my merry way.

2 comments:

Tony T said...

A up PH,
How's it going ?
Did I read correct EMPTY from Kelowna to California ?
Seems a rather long way, Stobarts would'nt have me running that distance empty let me tell you.....CRAZY or what...

All the best TT

PS pic's are great.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Tony, sorry but forgot to reply. I ended up running just under 1200 miles empty which doesnt bother me as I get paid the same. I dont know how they justify running empty, must have a great rate on the backload !!