Monday, May 11, 2009

Back in Canada

Hi folks,
left home on Saturday teatime and caught the direct train from Darlington to Manchester airport and stayed at the Premier Inn for the night which is a mile or so from the airport. Its a very nice and new hotel with both a bar, restaurant and cost 45GBP for the room for the night which I think is very reasonable.
Sunday morning I had the breakfast buffet which was probably the last time for a while where I will have eaten real bacon and then jumped onto the shuttle bus to take me to the airport.
Checked in with no problems, bought duty free then boarded the plane which was held up for 15 mins as two passengers had been refused boarding as they didnt have the necessary visa's which is a bit of a concern as they had managed to get through numerous security checks.
The flight was good, food was ok and in just over 8hrs I touched down in Calgary.
A quick call to work revealed the fact that nobody knew anything about which truck I was getting so I booked a room at the Roadking truckstop and need to sort that problem out in an hour or so when everone is in the office. I just hope that it doesnt turn into a drama as I need to get to Lethbridge as thats where all my stuff is stored...I am sure it wont be a big deal !!
Managed to get plenty of pics while I was at home but I will probably hold them back and use them when things are a bit quiet over here or the work I get is repetitive and gives me nothing new to write about.
Thats about all for now..fingers crossed I get back into the driving seat without any hiccups.

4 comments:

andy said...

hi phil,glad too hear you had a good time back in the uk.i bet your glad to be getting back to the routine eh!
by the way,i think i sent you a message about my new blog address
andy-reilly.blogspot.com
cheers matey

Road Rat said...

I have your truck !!!!
Do you want your load bars ?

Montedarlo said...

Hi Road Rat. I have 2 on the truck I have now so will need 2 off you if thats ok.
No rush to get them.

Cheers,Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Andy, yup I got your message and have added the new address to my list of stuff I read.
Take it easy, Phil