Saturday, January 3, 2009

Safety inspection in Edmonton


Hope you have eaten !!

Hi all, Happy New Year to you all.

The trip north was ok and although we hit some bad weather it didnt slow us down too much. New Years Eve was spent in Regina Sasketchewan and at the stroke of midnight we saw one firework go off which didnt exactly bring the New Year in with a bang.

Arrived in Edmonton, dropped the trailer and watched a film before calling it a day.
Friday involved running the truck to Penske (lease company) who were going to have the MOT (inspect) done. Last time I had the truck serviced it was reccommended that I have a wheel alignment done so I ran the truck to Freightliner who carried this out and then round to a glass repair shop to have a new screen put in as a small crack I had was now huge due to the changes in temperature.

Left the truck there and booked a room as Penske estimated the truck wont be ready until tomorrow which is Sunday providing the inspect goes well.

So today is mine to do with as I like and I plan on taking Tom to the Edmonton Mall which according to its website is the biggest in the world. Its one of the places I have driven past loads of times but have never visited.

4 comments:

Palyniam said...

eh up.
My brother Mick and sis in Law Cath(Cath In Canada) are over there and I was looking at the blogs they have saved, some stunning shots matey...take more and take care.
Paul

Montedarlo said...

Hi Palyniam, good to hear from you. I still have to meet Mick and Cath yet but I regularly check out there blog.
Thanks for the comments about the pics, I enjoy taking them and playing with them on Photoshop.
Cheers and best wishes for 2009.
All the best,Phil

Bert Bucket said...

Phil,

How often do you need to have a safety MoT type inspection? Is it twice a year? The lorries must take a right good hammering this time of year. What about the trailers, do they need the inspection as well, must do.

Happy New Year anyway to you and Tom.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Bert, the truck has the inspection done once a year and it seems as if mine goes in for a service every 3 months. Its the same for trailers regarding the inspection but not sure about servicing.
They do take a hammering in the winter and things like greasing the fifth wheel need doing on a regular basis.
Happy 2009 to you too !!