Thursday, January 22, 2009

Empty in Utah.

This picture was taken last year in sasketchewan and is the result of running at high speed through slush in freezing temps. Pretty cool I think !




Hi all, well the reverse thingy didnt really work and to be honest I might of been better off going to Waterloo. Not only did I have to take the load to Delta I had to unload it and then the following day I loaded the trailer for the trip I have just completed which was to Farr West Utah. That was 15hrs work for a massive $60.
So, ran the 1000 or so miles, unloaded last night and sat waiting for a reload. Dont think the satellite is working as the messages I have sent asking for work or for a direction to run are getting through although I am of course receiving the standard fuel updates and suchlike. We constantly are informed not to call the office as the despatchers are very busy but the temptation is huge when you are just left in limbo, I could be sat here for god knows how long and although I dont have the busiest schedule in the world there is a 1001 things I would could be doing instead of waiting for a machine to bleep.
Tom has now got 10 days left before he flies home so its getting a bit tight to squeeze in a decent trip, I feel sorry for him that he has had to endure the monotony of the trips we have been on but thats life and he was aware of it before he came over. He has expressed an interest in becoming a permanent resident of Canada and I will need to look into it when I get time to start of my own application which will need to be sooner rather than later.
So, I have no idea where we will be heading next nor when that will be so I think its time to chill, get some food and give the Xbox a hammering.

Bye for now.

3 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

It was nice to meet up with you and Tom the other day, we hope to meet again soon Phil.

Unknown said...

Hi Phil,Hows it going ? I have a couple of quick questions maybe you can help me out. I am hoping to get out there in April for training. I intend to get a laptop for the truck, would you advise getting one here or over there ?, any idea if they are cheaper there ?
Also what ever happened to that Geordie lad he was about 27 ex-army had a blog BA TO CA, arrived there for training must be 3 months ago now and then seemed to disappear off the face, Any idea if he succesfully got through training and on the road ?
Take it handy
Cheers Graham

Martin said...

Hi Phil,

Your blog has been a bit quiet. Are 'Hit & Run' keeping you busy with plenty of miles?? ;-)

Looking forward to the next instalment.

M.