Thursday, January 15, 2009

Reverse Psychology..

Breakfast for two

Tom's artistic picture,
Hi all.
I have an idea seeing that any ideas I have or plans I make get shot down in flames. Reverse Psychology is the answer...haha.
I ran flat out the other day in a bid to reset my hours and hopefully get a load south which would see myself and Tom right until he goes home. That was spoilt by a switch in Northern Ontario and now I have the return load on its has got worse. The trailer is bound for Delta BC and I am taking it which in itself I dont mind as its good miles but when Tom came over in Sept/Oct we had weeks of running across the Rockies so with all the waterloo's and British Columbia's its a bit boring for him.
So...I know I have some readers in the office, here goes........If possible I would like the following to happen.

1) Sit me in Delta for a few days then run me to calgary where you can sit me again.
2) Ask me to run a trailer to Lethbridge for somebody else to take south.
3) Send me back to High River to pick up a load for Waterloo Iowa.
4) Reload me for British Columbia.
5) Start the whole process from number 1.

Hopefully the reverse thing will work and none of the above will happen (fingers crossed)

Will let you know if its worked.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, isn't it about right. We know their logic there isn't any. We will be cgy Sat 17th or sun.18th. Hope to see you there.

Great post
Sandy

Montedarlo said...

Hi Sandy, resetting at Regina at the minute so will be passing through Calgary Saturday afternoon. Will pop into the Roadking to see if you are there.
Cheers,Phil

didster7 said...

I bet it doesnt work, lol.

i was coming over in march but cant sell my house, been penciled in for may, got to look at renting as a option now, though a would prefer to sell.

cheers dave.

Dave Caldwell said...

I despise brown nosing but maybe on this occasion it would be acceptable, for Tom's sake of course!

englishmike said...

Hello Phil did it work or are you still running Canada. I have to run in Canada for a few weeks when I get back until I renew my visa see you soon mike

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mike, it did work in a way but not as I had hoped. Ended up going to Delta, unloading in the early hours of the morning then had to load my own trailer for a 1000mile trip south to Utah to deliver in the early hours of the morning.
How come you had to renew your visa ?
Cheers,Phil

englishmike said...

I was a bad boy over 20 years ago so have to get visa to enter America this time I renew it it will be for a longer period of time you don't think of this when you are a youngster over the years I have renewed this visa its cost me more than the fine ever did.