Monday, January 5, 2009

Back on the road...well the truck is at least.


Got piglet (my truck) back on sunday afternoon with a clean bill of health and she is good to go for another year. All the jobs had been done but I was suprised that a new set of steer tyres hadnt been fitted.
Informed despatch I was ready to go and was promptly told to take an empty trailer to Calgary which turned out to be a waste of time as after that there was nothing else. Have been preplanned to go to Waterloo Iowa....again, but that wont be ready until tomorrow morning so after sitting for 6hrs I was offered the opportunity to run trailers to High River which if I refuse means that no layover will be paid so after weighing up the pro's and con's I decided that I would just sit here in Calgary and play on the Xbox and internet. Running trailers wouldnt be so bad except for the fact its never straightforward in as there could be loads of empties in the yard but the one you want is never there, or its still loaded and then off course there is the stuff you do for free like washing it out and fuelling it which can easily take an hour.



So, Edmonton Mall.
I have the same feelings about this place as I did the Mall of America, although on paper they both dwarf the Metro Centre Gateshead they still dont feel as big.
Edmonton Mall has plenty of stuff in it to idle away a full day such as a huge waterworld, indoor rollercoasters, cinemas and sea lion shows plus an ice skating rink which is full NHL size.


The Mall will be added to the "Been there but dont feel the need to go back" list along with the Battle site of Little Big Horn and of course the Mall of America.

No comments: