Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Calgary..Iowa..Darien...Calgary



Another trip is over. Delivered Waterloo Iowa..again, loaded out of Darien which is just across the Wisconsin Stateline with pepperoni and sausage pizza's. Made a big effort time wise to push on so I could get back to Calgary then reset before heading out on a trip with a different destination other than Waterloo as to be honest its getting a bit tedious and you know something is wrong when Tom can remember the directions how to get there.



Looks like I might have been stiffed as yesterday I was planned to take a trailer from Calgary and switch at Dryden Northern Ontario !!! Tom has been over now for over 6 weeks and in that time we have done 2 trips to Waterloo with the rest of the time running in Canada.
As always I really dont care where I am sent and as long as I can legally do the load then it wont be refused. I also have no limits as to how long I will stay away from base, all in all I am a planners dream so take advantage and give me some decent work !!



Waiting at Calgary as I write this and have heard nothing else regarding the switch, when the load comes through I will no doubt be expected to drop everything and get away with the trailer.
Will update as the trip progresses.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright Phil,

Looking cold there mate. When you coming back on the forum? Haven't seen you on there for ages. I see H&R are back in the UK. Some members are having interviews with them this week.

How long is your lad staying over for then? Is he going to move over permanently?

Drive safe bud.

Andy

FINCH said...

You really are good at taking photos. I gotta give you credit! Good to see you are getting good miles. Be safe and take care.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Andy, I keep checking out the forums but probably not as much as I should. I didnt realise H&R are doing interviews...I thought they had been stopped going it by one of the governments.
Tom is on holiday but the more time he spends here the more he wants to stop, its not a bad idea as there is little hope for him in the UK.
Speak soon, cheers,Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Finch, thanks for the compliments about the pics....its not really me as all I do is snap a basic picture then pimp it using photoshop. If you are interested I can give you a copy for you to play with on your spanking new laptop !!
Pleased to hear you are on the mend.
Best wishes,Phil

didster7 said...

Hi Phil,
some good pictures there, do you mind if i put some on my facebook to show my friends what i am going to do and see.

drive safe, dave.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Dave, help yourself to whatever pics you need.
Have you got any solid dates when you are coming over?
cheers,Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil, you have to be able to take a good picture in the first place (which you do), so the software only helps to enhance them mate.

Always makes me laugh when people say.. "nice picture, you must have a good camera", but they wouldn't dare say ..."nice meal, you must have good pans"

Montedarlo said...

Its true what you say Mick, made me laugh when you mention the pans...hope everything is treating you well and I see a trip to San Fransisco is on the cards.
Trucker Jim reckons you need to get a cab to fishermans wharf and from there you are in the touristy bit with plenty to see and do.
Take care.

Phil