Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ran out of days, not hours.




Hi everyone. As I didnt get chance to reset last weekend I have been counting the days down because, to enter Canada I need to have had a 24hr period off duty as I have been on the go for 14 days. The ruling only applies in Canada so in theory I can enter Canada on day 14 and as long as I leave the same day I can do another trip back into the States.
Things have worked out pretty well for a change as not only can I take my time off in Las Vegas I will also be in Calgary for Monday 8th which means I can pick my son Tom up as he is back over for Xmas and New Year.
Loaded bananas today which rarely causes any problems and was in and out within the hour. Due to improvements in security in the USA I have to register for an identity card which will allow me access to Ports and suchlike in America, without it I will be refused entry. So, as I had some time to kill I rang the information line and found out its a "walk in service", got the address off Port security and tapped it into my Satnav. Had I followed its directions to the letter I would of ended up in a field so the card will have to wait until next time.
Going to really make an effort to get some good photos while I am having my time off so expect to see them soon.

No comments: