Tuesday, December 2, 2008

California bound




Hi all.
Left this morning and headed to Winnemuca Nevada, just as I pulled into the Flying J the satellite beeped and informed me that a truck had broken down (Hi Rob) and I was to deliver his load into California.
All was well and good until I looked at the delivery times and realised I had a fair shift ahead of me to meet the times.
Met up with Rob at Sparks Nevada and set off to the first drop.
I am literally a stones throw from San Francisco Bay and had I the time I would of jumped into a cab as Downtown San Francisco is just across the bridge from me....not the Golden gate. Still I know for next time as its one of the places I would like to see, hard to believe I am only a few miles from Alcatraz.
Once this delivery is done its across to Tracy and from there its anybody's guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howaya Phil,ive never left a comment before but your near miss with alcatraz rings a bell with me,i drove in the states 10yrs ago,2 summer fleet contracts only,missed sanfrn totally the first outing but manage to get laided over there the next yr,legged it down to the harbour there only to find they where filming over there,i think itwas the rock with sean connery,Im hoping to join you lot in 2010,your blog is the business p,cheers Barry

Tony T said...

Hi PH, sen the email 3-12-08,
nice pic's mate..

TT

Montedarlo said...

Cheers Tony, have replied to the email.
Phil

Trkrjim said...

Take a taxi to fisherman's wharf, from there you can walk to all the interesting things to see in S.F. Including China town, Lombard st- that crooked steep street they are famous for, and the boat to Alcatraz. And say hi to the Mitchell bros for me, I left them a pile of cash the last time i was there.