Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Plans for Xmas are being made.

Had a nightmare at the border Port Huron Michigan/Sarnia Ontario !!!
Paperwork was missing from the load when I left Schuyler but I had a cover note stating that the missing items would be faxed to the border before I arrived. Well that turned out to be 'not' the case so I arrived at the border 4pm Monday and left this morning at 10.30am which is not exactly brilliant.
All deliveries were now late plus part of the load had been lucky enough to get an 'inspect'. Things looked up when I received a macro telling me to drop the trailer in the yard at Mississauga Ontario and there was another one waiting for me to head off back across to Edmonton Alberta. That should keep me busy for a few days and also gives me time to plan Xmas dinner for myself and Tom.
A while back I wrote about buying a BBQ, well its still brand new and might get an airing in the middle of nowhere in Northern Ontario, Tom laughed at the idea but seeing as how we both have winter clothes and providing the weather isnt too bad I think it will make Xmas 2008 a memorable one.

Tom's visit to White Castle

Not looking forward to the drive back across Canada but its got to be done and its the first time Tom has been to this neck of the woods.
For anyone following the trips the routing is as follows......Mississauga Ontario.....North Bay Ontario....Hearst Ontario....Thunder Bay Ontario....Kenora Ontario....Winnipeg Manitoba....Saskatoon Saskatchewan...Lloydminster Saskatchewan....Edmonton Alberta. The trip is roughly 2150 miles and should take about 3.5 days providing the weather isnt terrible.

3 comments:

Tony T said...

Happy Christmas Phil & Tom
Enjoy Moose or Bear on the Barbie LOL.....TT

Martin said...

Phil,

Xmas dinner, a BBQ in the middle of no-where??? I think it's brilliant idea and one that will stay in the memory-bank for a long long time!! You and Tom will look back and laugh about it for years to come. (You've got to cook some turkey-twizzlers though! ;-)

Whatever & wherever you two end up, we wish you a very merry Xmas and a happy new year.

Regards, Martin, Brankica & family.

PS. have you asked Santa for a new (reliable) night heater?? LOL

Montedarlo said...

Hi Tony and Martin, thanks for the comments and I would like to thank you for following the blog and to wish you and your families a very happy Xmas and a very happy new year.

Best wishes,Phil