Saturday, June 4, 2011

The diary continues.

Yesterday, Thursday 2nd was an easy day even though I couldn’t really afford to hang around as I needed to cover some decent miles. Started the day at 7.45, took 45 mins off and parked at Clearwater Minnesota at 1945hrs. The 12 hour day consisted of 622 miles and a 10.5hr drive. Also there was 2 fuel stops in the shift as well as pretrips.
But, the good thing was that the satellite only bleeped twice all day, piece, quiet and being left alone to get on with the job.
Up early (ish) this morning and was on the road for 6.45am. Drove straight through to my destination and after fueling I dropped the trailer in the customers yard to be unloaded. Usually there are empty trailers which we can hook up to but today I was out of luck and had to wait for one to be unloaded.
While waiting I have been preplanned for what I describe as a pig of a load. A collection with a 26hr loading window so you have no idea when it will be loaded and 6 deliveries, 5 into Ontario and one to Montreal, 4 of the deliveries have booking times already so the pressure is on. Even more so considering I am 320 miles away from the collection which is in the opposite direction that I need to be going and the time to have the trailer there to start the loading is ……..20 minutes ago.
Not a good start to say the least and I don’t have enough time to get there to drop the trailer tonight. Dispatch hasn’t replied to my messages yet asking if they want me to set off on my way, maybe they have somebody closer to cover the load.
So, at the time of writing this its 18.30pm Central time and I don’t know what lies ahead of me, I have only driven 300 miles today and been on duty for 6.5 hopefully I will find out soon whats going on and when I know I will let you know.

No comments: