Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Good weather and a steady run.

Well had a good run to Santa Fe Springs and a quick reload. Ran north and had 2 collections, loaded the first but the second had still to be chilled so I called it a night and loaded in the morning. The load is bound for Saskatoon SK and I had plenty of time to do it in.
One thing you notice about California is how clean and shiny the trucks are, everything is polished and gleaming, well except Piglet. The trucks can be washed at Lethbridge but the trailers come first and to be honest they are so busy that there is very little chance of having your truck cleaned. A new wash has been installed at Calgary which is a drive through one, now it’s ok as long as your truck isn’t that dirty, you know Its’ just a bit dusty as the wash only jets the water at the truck but also due to Freightliners build quality also all over the floor and inside of your windscreen and windows. So I have to confess I paid to have piglet scrubbed, yup…I know what you are thinking. Now, I have my standards as piglet is my home, she is nearly always spotless inside but to be perfectly honest when I drove into a customer’s premises or truck stop I was embarrassed and felt ashamed. So $35 later and after 6 guys scrubbed her she is nice and new again. It goes without saying that I will not be reimbursed for the wash but to me it’s worth every penny.
At the minute I am at Saskatoon waiting to deliver in the morning. The truck stop’s internet is down so this will be posted when I can next log on. Then fingers crossed its back to Calgary as I have Friday booked off as I have a visitor coming, my nephew is going to be with me for a month and he needs picking up from the airport.
Until next time, be good!!


Shiny truck
Traver California Bravo farmsTraver California Bravo farmsTraver California Bravo FarmsMontana, I thinkDust Calgary yard

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I like a clean truck To bad the companies don't see it that way

Montedarlo said...

Hi Anon, it seems a lot of companies do look after there trucks. I have worked for them in Europe where they would not of let me leave the yard with the truck in that filthy condition. Its ok for the drivers who get home regularly as they stand a good chance of there truck being pulled into the wash. $35 is not a lot, shame it wont be reimbursed.

Dave Caldwell said...

Says more about the company than anything else Phil, keep it up mate.