Friday, May 20, 2011

A busy bee

Hi all, lots of miles and no internet have made my posts a little scarce.
I think I was in Washington state when I last posted, no I was in Vancouver (after looking in logbook). Well I got across to Calgary, had a quick reset and ran with an empty trailer to Lethbridge and since then the reason I love this job took over.
A load to Nogales which is on the Mexican border but its the drive down I enjoy. You take in Montana, Idaho, Utah and Arizona, going through cities like Salt Lake, Phoenix and Tuscon as well as driving through the Grand Canyon National Park.
Arrived at Nogales, unloaded and since my reload wasn't until later that night I nipped across the border on foot and spent a few hours in Mexico which was an eye opener to say the least. There was a lot of poverty but the people were great and everywhere is bursting with colour.
Anyway, loaded and headed back in 80f temps until I hit Flagstaff AZ when the temps plummeted to 34f and hail and snow fell like it was going out of fashion. Once out of the Grand canyon National Park it warmed up again to the 60's until I was a short distance into Utah and the snow fell like it was December. The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful.
At the minute I am in a place called Mecca California waiting to load watermelons back up north,. For some reason I have been routed the backroads but I wont complain as you get to see things you wouldnt normally and thats a bonus.
So, I have loads of pics of Arizona, Mexico and a cool place called Cliff Dwellers to upload when I have a faster connection.
Speak soon





No comments: