Thursday, February 26, 2009

"I Feel Good" Da da da da da da da



Hi all, its amazing what a good shower, a nice meal and news that you might be getting a change of scenery can do to lift your spirits. But more on that later.
I left you hanging about the weather in the last post as I made my way to Waterloo. When I woke at 3am (slept in) a good few inches had fallen through the night so after cleaning off the lights and the rest of the stuff I set off and made really good time as I had no cars panicking in front of me and rolled into Waterloo at 9.30, dropped the trailer then picked up an empty and headed back to the truckstop 5mins away to have some breakfast.
A message was waiting when I got back and I had a reload about 4hrs away just west of Chicago. It all was a breeze at the reload destination as the trailer was already loaded so I dropped mine and picked up the new one. The company even faxed the paperwork to the Customs brokers which was a godsend and then I was on my way.
I now had a bit of a dilemma as I was running low on hours but could still easily make the delivery to Brampton Ontario where I would need to have a break or do it in Illinios, decision was made and I had a reset in La Salle Illinios...36hrs off.
Had my break, dropped the trailer in Mississauga Ontario and picked up yet another loaded trailer bound for Calgary......I like this picking up and dropping off loaded trailers !!!
So that brings me to today which is Thursday. Happily trundling along the Trans Canada I got a message saying that I had to drop the trailer I had at Winnipeg Manitoba and load in the morning for....wait for it.... Virginia..... whoo hoo !
I really cant remember the last time I added a new state to my list so I hope fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong between now and tomorrow morning. As well as adding a new state its also the first time I have ever gone south from a province other than Alberta and British Columbia.
So yes I feel good, not that I didnt before just now I feel better.

4 comments:

Tony T said...

Morning/Afternoon Phil,
Nice to talk to you the other day on Skype.
Just reading the last post, wicked pic of the Snow through the W/Screen.
Nice to see u have a change in fortune of work than the usual buggering around.

All the best TT

Trkrjim said...

36 hours in La Salle? You are tough, that would bring most ordinary truckers to tears.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Tony, yeah its good to chat. Hope things age going well at your end.
Cheers Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hey Jim, 36hrs in La Salle is a walk in the park compared to the same in Mississauga. Trust me....

Cheers for now, Phil