Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh the joys...Waterloo...Again




Hi. Well is Waterloo Iowa bound again.
Time is extremely tight on this run as courtesy of the supplier I was a day late in clearing meat inspection at the border so as you have read before on countless occasions an easy trip is now a tough one. To top it all my hours are low and all in all that means I have to set off tonight at around 2am in a bid to makke ontime delivery for before 9 in the morning.
The weather was great the first part of the trip which was through Montana but things took a turn for the worst running through North Dakota and into Minnesota tonight. Plummeting temps and heavy snow didnt so much slow me down but they are an inconvenience and it all adds up in making you tired, especially with an early start tomorrow.
So, providing the weather stays good through the night I will be dropping this trailer at the customer and picking up an empty and as of yet I dont know what the reload is. Like I mentioned earlier I am running low on hours and need at least 24hrs off before I can return to Canada.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Phil,

How's life at H&R then? Had any new starters lately? Are you still getting the miles in, or are they still thin on the ground?

How's the weather mate, still cold? Hope you got your heater fixed.

Andy

Montedarlo said...

Hi Andy, suprisingly things are going well even though work is quiet. I seem to be getting plenty of work but I know there is a lot of trucks sat not doing much.
The weather is getting better in general but ran into some nasty stuff the other day. Night heater was fixed, the fault was the fuel feed line had become disconnected so 20mins later that was done and its now blowing lovely and warm....providing the temps dont drop too low as it cant heat the air fast enough and all you get is a luke warm draught.
speak soon, cheers...Phil

Dave Caldwell said...

Hi Phil, wasn't too far ahead of you running through Mt and ND, I was on my way to Ontario from Wa.
Keep safe mate.