Sunday, February 15, 2009

Empty...loaded...back to Calgary.

Sorry but no pictures this time even though I had a late Xmas and bought myself a new camera. As of yet I havn't managed to take a snap worthy of bragging about the new piece of equipment and its all down to my ignorance of basic photography skills...which in turn isn't a bad thing as I am both reading and learning something new.

Once again, as always the trip was spoilt by the customer, after being chased by despatch to get there early I ended up sitting for 5hrs and for the priviledge was paid a pittance. The thing that really annoys me is the little "Hitlers" that make you wait couldn't care less if they get the product or not as they are paid less than me. The life of a trucker eh ???/

The reload was superb, I have only been to the customer once before and just as it was then we have a few spare trailers there so when I arrived it was just a case of drop my empty...pick up the loaded one and then on my merry way...bliss.

Out of principle the best pizza makers in North America are Kraft.

Thats about all folks, I have had my moan so I feel better. Calgary is the next destination.

Oh, while I remember. After the recent cold weather the trucks have been allowed to idle (keep running) and therefore both myself and the truck could be kept warm through the night as the heating system is so pathetic it beggars belief. Ooops, did I say "keep myself warm" !! I was refused to have Piglet (my truck) allowed to idle and the reason was "the worst is over" !! It may be, but once again my night heater has given up, I am in North Dakota and its bloody freezing so although I know the lad who told me it couldnt be done wasnt the decision maker I hope he didnt tell his neighbours to plant there bulbs in the garden as spring was here !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell them to stick it mate. If the night heater doesn't work, idle the truck!! You have a right to be warm when your trying to sleep.

Jesus, talk about looking after your drivers!!! Make them freeze because they can't be arsed to fix the problem and want to save a few litres of diesel.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Anon, getting night heater fixed as I write this so hopefully no more cold mornings, not too bad through the night as bought a heated blanket and it works a charm.
Cheers, Phil