Thursday, September 3, 2009

Going home for a while

Hi, due to the amount which the sickness benefit pays in Canada I cannot afford to stay and attend my outpatients appointments here. The amount which I am entitled to would barely cover the hotel expenses and being placed on a low salt diet hasnt helped the issue as that also would be virtually impossible to adhere to.
So I am flying home for a month where I will not only be able to carry on with my treatment but also eat a healthy diet which wont put too much stress on my heart.
Its my full intention to come back to Canada as soon as I am deemed fit to work and drive and hopefully that wont be too long.
Work have been great about it all, not only with the administrative stuff like booking flights but also with the amount of running around they have done, storing my stuff from the truck and arranging a lift to the airport. Its not that often that my employer gets a thumbs up but they deserve one for this; thanks for helping out, its very much appreciated. The same goes for all of the well wishes, the emails and phonecalls. A special thanks goes out to the people who took the time to visit, I understand that your home time is precious so a big thank you for taking the time and putting yourselves out to spend a bit of time with me.
The blog will continue when I am at home and I aim to post regularly.
Just a quick update on my condition, I feel great and the medication I am taking is doing its job. My heart rate has dropped dramatically however it does let go occasionally and does its own thing, the meds are regulary monitored with blood tests and fine tuned to counteract this. I am confident in myself that I will be fighting fit before long and will be looking forward to getting back to work.
No pics I am afraid, I know some of you wanted some snaps of the nurses but in the interests of your health I dont think its advisable.

Thanks again for the support I have received, I will post soon.


Below are some shots from one of my last trips which was with Paul on his mentor trip. They are all taken running across the Rockies from Vancouver British Columbia to Calgary Alberta. I will miss driving through this scenery.




4 comments:

Ian Sayer said...

I suppose that means a pint is out of the question? Never mind, Let me know when you're home and I'll buy you lunch.

Ian.

Anonymous said...

Phil hope your trip home is a good one.Hope you get sorted and back on the road soon fella. All the best.

YorkshireTipperDriver.Roland.

Driver Dave said...

Get well soon dude

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you have to leave. Good luck and hope you get well soon.

Mike M