Monday, September 14, 2009

Gainford Leek Show Sept 2009

Hi all, things are going well and the recuperation is going well. Had more blood tests today and will need to wait to see if any adjustments need to be made to my medication.
Last Saturday was the village Leek Show and I popped along to give my dad some support as he had quite a few leeks, vegtables and flowers entered into the show.
The photographer didnt turn up so I took some pictures not only for myself but for the Leek Club itself and for its website. I was quite pleased with the results considering I have never photographed vegtables before.
My dad did very well and was either placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in pretty much every class he entered. Pretty good !!

My dad with his prize winning trench leeks






4 comments:

Ian Sayer said...

Gainford leek show, eh? Good job you had those nights in Vegas to prepare you for the glamorous life you're living now. Before you now it you'll be judging the the jam at the WI. And you must have photographed some vegtables during your time in Canada - what about Mike Nash? LOL

Take it easy, Phil

All the best.

Ian

mickfly said...

Interesting Phil.
The red onions look like Christmas glass decorations, and your Dad's leeks look delicious.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Ian, pleased I hammered Las Vegas when I had the chance but the Leek Show is just as glamorous. I even won a prize in the raffle !!!
Your comment made me laugh so thanks for that.
Take it easy, Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mick, getting sick of eating leek and potato soup now that my dad made but it was delicious. I even won a prize in the raffle so all in all it was a good day.
Hope things are going well for you and Cath.
Cheers,Phil