Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Things not going to plan.

Hi everyone. Well, Paul finally got rid of me on saturday after roughly 22,000 miles and after dropping him back at the Sandman Hotel I took myself to the Hospital as I had become concerned about a few things.
The first sympton was that my feet, ankles, calfs and the backs of my thighs had swollen which I contributed to the fact that I had been sitting a lot more than usual as with two drivers the days had been longer. But the major concern was that when I laid down I couldnt get my breath and even the slightest bit of physical exertion left me gasping for air.
I kid you not when I say that after checking in at the hospital I was rigged up to machines and being monitored with 2 minutes. I didnt see what the panic was until I looked at my heart beat on the monitor and saw it was fluctating between 180 - 240 beats per minute, this is all of course while I am laid down and very relaxed.
So that all happened on Saturday night and today is Tuesday.
I have lost count of the number of tablets I have had to take plus all of the stuff that has been fed to me through an IV drip. My right arm hurts as blood is being taken numerous times a day and through the night.
The doctor who looked at me last night predicts that I will continue to be in hospital for at least a week so that they can get my heart under control and beating normally.
The diagnosis given for my condition so far is either Atrial Fibrillation or Congestive Heart Failure or a bit of both.

I don't know yet how this will affect my ability to drive trucks or if it will impact on my application for Permanent Residency,only time will tell I suppose.
I will keep you all up to date regarding any change in my condition.
Thanks for all of the goodwill messages I have received and a big thanks to everyone who has taken time out to come and visit. It does mean a lot. Cheers

17 comments:

englishmike said...

Hi Phil take your glasses off then you can't see all the nurse's and your blood pressure might go down a bit lolol you take care buddy see you when I am back in Lethbridge mike

Gizzard Puke said...

Hi Phil, sorry to read you are laid up hope you are soon firing on all cylinders again.

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with your medical problems and look forward to continue reading of your adventures on the roads of Canada and U.S.A. ....when you're back on your feet.

I don't think your little "hiccup" should have any bearing in obtaining P.R.

-- Just a regular reader from Ontario

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mike, Gizzard and anon from ontario. Thanks for the good wishes and I am sure I will be up and running soon.
Take care all of you...cheers,Phil

Roland said...

Hi Phil,

You don't know me but I've been a regular reader of your blog for a while and much enjoy it. Sorry to hear about your problems - hope you are back on your feet again soon.

Roland

Montedarlo said...

Hi Roland, I remember you as you have left comments before and are very generous with your compliments on my pictures.
I am very much on the mend and hope to be up and running as soon as possible.
Take it easy......Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil, hope you make aspeedy recovery and get back on the road soon. Just enjoy the down time.

Chris said...

Hi Phil,get well soon and back on the road. At the same time enjoy a bit of down time. Cheers Chris.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Anon and Chris. Thanks for your good wishes. Last night was the first night I have slept straight through since I got in here and I loved it.
Doc reckons i might be looking at a month of downtime, during which I will be monitored and continue to be medicated.
Will update the blog when I get some hard facts.
Thanks, Phil

mickfly said...

Take care Phil, and don't be in too much of a rush to get out,as we're sure you are in the best place you can be right now.

Garvs11 said...

Hi Phil wish you a very speedy recovery mate
Rgds Dom

George A said...

Hi Phil just read the blog must have been a bit of a fright get well soon and thanks for the comment on my blog. I may be in Lethbridge all next week try and pop in to see you

take care
George

clint said...

Hi phil clint hear 2308 we did a switch in iowa which you took to toronto sorry to hear about your health just a small glitch get well soon clint

Montedarlo said...

Once again thanks for all of the get well comments and all of your best wishes. Things seem to be getting worse here although I can honestly say that I cant remember the last time I felt so well. Its all very strange.

Thanks again, doing my best to be well.
Cheers,Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil

Hope you are feeling a bit better, I look forward to some more pictures when you are up and about again,

take Care

Jeff

Ison said...

Get well soon Phil, really enjoying your blog, look forward to more of your fantastic photo's too once your better.

Andy said...

HI Phil,

Not been on your blog for ages and learn't the news from Mick. Very sorry to hear about your troubles. I wish you a very speedy recovery. The stress of the job can't help at all, so make the most of the time off and don't rush back before your ready. Your health MUST take priority mate.

Best Wishes

Andy A