Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Angiogram, its happening.

Hello everyone.
Its Tuesady,8am at Lethbridge and from now on I cant eat or drink until after I have had the procedure which is at 12. Last night I had to get ready by shaving my nether regions which by the way has left my tallywacker looking pretty spectacular hahahaha.

So the plan is to jump into an ambulance which will take me to Lethbridge airport and from there jump into a small light aircraft which will fly me to Calgary in roughly 45mins. Back into an ambulance to Foothills Hospital and then if things go well straight into the prep room and then have the Angiogram which will show any problems/blockages or damage to the heart.

If any problems are found they will be fixed (if possible) by a procedure called Angioplasty and then in theory I should be as good as new. If no problems are found then its back to lethbridge for further investigations and treatment.
So I have a pretty busy day ahead of me.

My only concern is the thought of having a catheter inserted into the artery in my groin...even just thinking about it makes me shudder.
Well I better go, I need to shower again and scrub around where the catheter will be inserted with a special soap and pack up the few belongings I have with me.

I will of course let you know how it all went as soon as I get chance and if possible will try to get my hands on a picture of my heart which I will post on here.

Speak soon.

11 comments:

George A said...

good luck mate hope it all gose well

George

Ian Sayer said...

Too much information on the (ahem) "tallywhacker" there, Phil.

Seriously though, I hope it all goes well and that you get the all clear. Our thoughts will be with you.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Phil, Keep us posted mate.

Jools said...

Hey Phil
Hoping that all goes well and that you are rolling again soon.
Best wishes,
Jools

Anonymous said...

Hope it all goes ok Phil (know you'll have gone thorough it already)
Bet you keep up with the shaving thing just to impress yourself,Lol
Best wishes
YorkshireTipperTrucker,Roland.

jag said...

good luck phil.ill speak to you in a couple of days

Dave Caldwell said...

Good luck mate hope it goes ok for you.

irishtrucker said...

The best of luck lad, it would be hard to know if it would be better that they find something and fix it then and there, or find nothing but have to have more tests!! I'll say a prayer for you, apparently God listens to sinners first, so it'll be at the top of the queue!

Gizzard Puke said...

Phil I hope the angiogram goes well and there's nothing untoward found, good luck mate hope you are out of hospital soon!

Regards,

Reg.

BOB said...

Hi there my name is bob (aka bosshog on his travel's ) I hope all has gone write to day for you and they are going to let you out soon and back to work very soon as looking at all then nice looking nures are not good for your blood pressure mate hope you get back at it reely soon if not take care mate. waiting for your next post so till then take it slooowwwllyyyy .

Montedarlo said...

Hi guys, thanks for the best wishes, I really do appreciate them and am sure they go a long way to making me feel better.
Thanks for taking the time.

cheers,phil