Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Condition Update.

Hi all, its been a week since I was admitted and to be honest not a lot has happened nor have any firm decisions been made regarding my health.
My heart has been slowed down, sped up. My blood has been thinned then thickened. I have been given tablets for lunch, dinner and tea and to be really honest I am sick to death of it.
The Atrial Fibrillation is the favourite however after having an Ultrasound more concerns have been raised in that I may have had a heart attack or attacks in the past. To have this confirmed I am having to go to Calgary for a Angiogram which basically means a thin tube will be inserted into my thigh and then fed up through the blood vessels and into my heart. Once there a dye will be flooded into the heart which allows for high quality pictures to be taken and then assessed by the Doctors. This was all meant to happen on Friday gone but never did so the earliest date now will be Monday providing transport can be arranged.

Once again, thanks for the visits and get well wishes. Personally I feel great, no different than I did before I was admitted or this time last year even, but obviously there is something wrong.

10 comments:

Ian Sayer said...

Kepp your chin up, Phil. It could be worse - you could be getting married in 10 days!!!

Montedarlo said...

Bugger off Ian, you are looking forward to it as well you know. I hope everything goes well.
Best wishes .......Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil sorry to read about your condition.My mum had the same prob and procedures.She got through it ok and i think you will to.I have spent some lenghthy time in hospital due to Ulcerative colitis and i know how it messes your head up,4 weeks was the longest i was in i think.Just hope the nurses are nice!!!!
Hope your on your feet soon fella and back on the road before long.
Yorkshire Tipper Driver.Roland.

Ian Sayer said...

Thanks Phil. I'm happy now that I understand my role in the proceedings. I have to sit quietly, with my head in my hands, handing out cheques like they were going out of fashion, then just turn up on the day looking reasonably smart. Job's a good un.

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil, just read your blog and had no clue you had been in the hospital. I hope you are ok! How you feeling? I hope all goes well on Monday and will be thinking of you. Just before your birthday too, bummer! lol
Just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you and hope all goes well and you get everything sorted ok.
Take care and keep me posted, ta.
All the best
Tracy
xx

Dave Caldwell said...

Hope they release you soon on compassionate grounds lol. Tell them you will take the high quality pictures of your heart, edit them and then post them on here and they can post a comment with the diagnosis lol, get well soon mate.

Alan Douglas said...

Hi Phil,
A cautionary tale.
Please do not rush back to work before you are ready. A friend of mine did afew years ago. He got as far as Gieselwind in Germany, went to the showers & had a heart attack. He died at 52. His name was John Williams, from "Destination Doha" the program about the Middle East put out by the world about us on BBC2.
We lost a great driver & mechanic well before his time. Problem was pressure of work....

Look after yourself.

Garvs11 said...

Good Luck phil were all thinking off you mate
besh wishes
rgds Dom

Montedarlo said...

Hi all, thanks again for the comments and the get well wishes. I have no plans in rushing back to work, thats the last thing on my mind. Still waiting for news of my trip to Calgary, once that is out of the way I will have a better idea of how long I will be off the road.
Thanks again, Phil

glenn wells said...

Hey buddy its Glenn from Mission B.C. I am so sorry to hear you are sick and my wishes and prayers go out to you.Hope you get better soon.
Glenn