Monday, November 2, 2009

Firework Display for Halloween and Bonfire Night

Went to the South Park on Saturday night as the town had organised a Bonfire and fireworks for both Halloween and Bonfire night (November 5th).
Thankfully the weather had been good as the slightest bit of rain turns the fields into a swamp. All in all the display was good but taking good pictures was harder than I thought as I had planned on arriving early and getting set up ready for the display. Arriving just as the display began meant that the camera was thrown onto the tripod and I started clicking away. The use of a tripod was necessary as some of the exposures were 5 seconds long.




6 comments:

mickfly said...

Excellent fireworks shots Phil.I was debating taking my proper camera to the Fiesta in Benidorm next week, but I think I will after seeing the quality of your captures.
I hope you aren't getting too much excitement (and not planning Amsterdam trips again with your lad)

Jools said...

Great pics as always Phil,how are you feeling these days?Any news on when you might be heading back?

All the best,
Jools.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mick. Thanks for the kind comments.
I would take the bigger camera as you never know when you might need it.
I took the pics in the best quality I could and then cropped in heavily to get the shot I wanted. They still print great at
A4. I shot in shutter mode and varied the speed between 2-5 seconds with manual focus set to infinity.
All in all I took about 25 shots and was happy with 5 of them.
No plans on going back to Amsterdam as its too expensive. Enjoy Benidorm, I hope the weather is kind to you both.
Looking forward to seeing your pics when you get back.
Cheers, Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jools, thanks for the comment about the pics.
I am very well, I had the heart shocked a fortnight ago and its so far so good. Having a Cardio MRI in a few weeks.
I plan on being back in Canada early in the New Year.

Cheers,Phil

Kev & Lisa said...

Cool pic's phil, you certainly found you way round your camera!

Montedarlo said...

Hi kev/lisa. I hope you are both doing well and looking forward to Xmas. Its an ongoing thing trying to get good pictures as I have become very critical of myself which I suppose is a good thing as pushes me to concentrate and not just point and shoot.

Take care and I will see you soon